STEERING LEGAL Brazil *
Rua Dona Augusta
34, Menino Deus
RS, CEP 90850-130
Tél : +55 (51) 3269 7300
Rio de Janeiro
Rua Jardim Botânico nº 674
nº 513, Jardim Botânico
Rio de Janeiro
RJ, CEP 22.461-090.
Tél : +55 (21) 2221 6486
Rua Líbero Badaró,
425 – 17º Andar, Centro,
SP, CEP 01.009-905
Tél : +55 (11) 3115-3755
The Porto Alegre office, located in the state of Rio Grande do Sul, includes 40 lawyers.
It has developed recognized expertise in the management and conduct of mass litigation. Currently, the firm manages a portfolio of more than 30,000 litigation cases for its clients, large Brazilian and foreign groups.
The Porto Alegre office also assists its local clients in their business law, consumer law, regulatory law and employment law issues.
The Rio de Janeiro office, located in one of Latin America’s most important cities, has 35 lawyers.
In addition to the business/ corporate/ M&A practice, the Rio de Janeiro office has developed two main areas of expertise :
- Complex and/or sensitive litigation, in which local teams intervene from the pre-litigation stage in order to better support and assist their clients (legal entities, financial institutions and governmental entities) in future proceedings, both before national courts, including the Supremo Tribunal de Justiça (STJ), and in arbitration proceedings,
- Advice and assistance in the drafting and negotiation of contracts in the energy sector (oil, gas and renewable energies), in which the office has acquired recognized expertise enabling it to assist institutional clients
The São Paulo office, located in the main economic and financial centre of South America, includes a team of 5 lawyers focusing on business and corporate law.
The São Paulo office provides its clients, large national and foreign groups, with daily support and assistance in the following areas :
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Tax law (advisory and litigation)
- Companies in difficulty and restructuring
- Administrative and regulatory law
- Employment law
This focus on business law allows the São Paulo office to be as close as possible to its clients’ interests and concerns.
* In partnership with the law firm Goes Monteiro e Tocantins